Head of Social and SEM
We are looking for enthusiastic and eager Head of Social and SEM
GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation serving as the parent company to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom and Wavemaker, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, insight, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people. We in GroupM Finland including the agencies are currently appr. 80 people and we all share the same office location at Pohjoinen Makasiinikatu 3-5, in the heart of Helsinki.
We are growing at a fast pace, and are now looking for enthusiastic and eager Head of Social and SEM. You will become a part of our talented team where we are both working hard for our clients and also celebrating often together with like-minded colleagues.
What do you do?
The Head of Social and SEM is responsible for the day-to-day performance of the Paid Search and Paid Social experts at GroupM Finland. Working in co-operation with the Digital Planners, Ad Ops and Account Managers, it is the team’s responsibility to ensure that market-leading biddable campaigns are delivered to clients throughout the campaign life cycle, from planning to execution. The major elements of this role cover training and sparring team members as well as colleagues at GroupM Finland, running introduction sessions for clients, participating in pitches, maintaining quality by auditing campaigns and contributing to marketing activity including blog posts, whitepapers and events. The ability to proactively build strong working relationships with internal and external contacts to deliver excellent service at all times is essential to the role.
- You will lead a team consisting of 9 specialists who want to achieve the best results and learn continuously – your role is also to ensure good team spirit and empower team members to deliver campaigns on schedule
- Training and developing Paid Search and Paid Social experts within the client team
- Auditing campaigns and workflow processes to ensure continual improvements to productivity and quality of work; best practice documentation, training and auditing is a crucial part of this role
- Pitch preparation and attendance
- A close working relationship with major tools / platforms and their providers, i.e. Google and Facebook
- Finding and communicating new paid search and paid social opportunities to biddable experts, planners, and pioneering their implementation
The ideal person:
- Proven track record in Paid Search and Paid Social with strong digital mindset
- Experience from team leadership and desire to work with the team
- You are interested in marketing platforms and algorithms
- Strong attention to detail essential
- A proven record with large, complex campaigns
- Clear verbal, written communication and presentation skills, including a high level of English grammar
- Experience working across teams with teams who do not report to you
- Enthusiastic and confident individual with the ability to interact well with people on a personal and professional level and to thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
Please send your application with CV and salary request as soon as possible to Head of [m]Platform Services Jarkko Kantoluoto. You may also contact Jarkko for more information concerning the role. We will fill the position as soon as the right candidate has been found.